Off-Grid and Prepping
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off-Grid and Prepping

A place to discuss topics for those interested in Prepping, Self- Sufficiency, living off grid or similar

wood carrier part 2 (The bike cart)  FRont pageHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

wood carrier part 2 (The bike cart)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Woodsmoke
Admin
Woodsmoke

wood carrier part 2 (The bike cart)  Empty
PostSubject: wood carrier part 2 (The bike cart)    wood carrier part 2 (The bike cart)  EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 5:28 pm

Hi folks, This is the follow on from the wood carrying pack I made.

As its coming into winter the wood collecting has to increase alot.

I came up with the cart so that I can pull bigger logs and much more at one time.

wood carrier part 2 (The bike cart)  316ax5c

The frame is made from an old steel Army issue bunk bed.The sides from battons from B+Q with stirling board panels.The wheels from an old bike that was not getting used.

wood carrier part 2 (The bike cart)  30uy3vm

I decided to go for a drop down tail gate just to make it easier
loading/unloading the wood and made up 2 heavy duty catches to keep it secure.

wood carrier part 2 (The bike cart)  Ej5uv4

Th attaching arm was made by keeping one side of the frame long. I then bolted on a bent to shape steel chair leg, which was tedious as I had to get the measurements and angle just right so as to allow clearence for the back wheel.The end of the arm was hammered so the I could fit a D clasp through it.

The trickiest part was the bike attachment. I got a satallite dish holder and bent and grinded it to the shape needed.I drilled a hole so that it would fit over the wheel spindle and for extra strength a smaller hole was drilled so I could fit a bolt through the hole on the frame (that I think is used for putting on basket bracket). This was then bolted to the bike frame.

wood carrier part 2 (The bike cart)  28w7yu

Next 2 holes were drilled at the right height and length to fit the long eye bolt and another bolt connected together with a jubilee clip. Then the D clasp goes through the eyebolt and there we have it.

wood carrier part 2 (The bike cart)  B8v0ic

I had a few ideas from this place but had to adapt it to pull heavier loads and make it stronger overall.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

When it has a full load it is surprisingly easy to pull and handles tight corners with ease.The good thing about this design is there is a very low torque rate and even if the bike falls over the attachment allows for this, preventing any breakages.

Collected so far minus 2 bags burnt already.

wood carrier part 2 (The bike cart)  Jrrwvp
wood carrier part 2 (The bike cart)  33a59wn
thanks for looking
Back to top Go down
https://off-gridandprepping.board-directory.net
StormCrow

StormCrow

wood carrier part 2 (The bike cart)  Empty
PostSubject: Re: wood carrier part 2 (The bike cart)    wood carrier part 2 (The bike cart)  EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 9:00 am

Great job. Very handy to have when you need to shift a load of stuff. Would be good for moving kit also.
Back to top Go down

wood carrier part 2 (The bike cart)
Page 1 of 1